Thursday, February 18, 2010

Time for a check up!

I went to the dentist today. It was actually a lot harder this time than the last time I went. The last time I went my dentist, who I had been going to since I was in elementary school, had just passed away from cancer. Actually, it was the first week back in the office for the staff and a new dentist was taking over, so things were still kind of new and fresh but very sad.

But today's visit was harder for me. I even got a little teary at one point and my hygienist said that is still a pretty normal reaction around there. Plus, she was a new girl. My normal hygienist couldn't take it anymore and left for a new place. I guess there were just too many memories for her, but I sure wish she had let me know she was leaving. I feel like I have lost two friends in that office now.

I did like the new girl, Robyn, though. She was really sweet and wanted to make sure she wasn't doing anything I didn't care for. How do you tell somebody that you honestly hate the whole process and would rather skip the entire appointment? And then on top it all off, the tooth my old dentist has been "watching" for years now needs a crown to the tune of $500! Double ouch! It might have to wait until I have some closings later this spring and we can afford to put that much money into my mouth. Hopefully the tooth won't break off before then, as that doesn't sound like any fun at all.

I guess this all goes into the checklist of getting old. Have to say, I'm not liking this getting old so much!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I'm getting ready to leave for my dentist appointment in a few minutes! I've had a tooth that is on "the watch list" for a crown too. I'm sure that today I'll hear that I need it as we definitely cannot afford it.

    ReplyDelete