
74 days. That's all I have to plan a massive graduation party for Brenna. April 24th is the big party day even though she doesn't actually graduate until May 6th & 7th. We had to move our party date around since Ron's Mom is getting married May 1st and we have to make an unexpected trip to Bozeman for that. Needless to say, it's going to be a wild couple of weeks the end of April into the first of May. But that is a totally different story!
But, here is my problem. We made up the guest list for the party over the weekend and as it stands now, there are about 115 names on it. That doesn't include spouses. Eeeeekkkk! I know we would be lucky to have even half attend, but that's still a lot of people! Some of Brenna's friends have small children. I've had to take the stand that this will be an adults only party for a few reasons. First, there is going to be lots and lots of drinking involved as there will be a number of graduates attending. They need to cut loose and celebrate, so I don't have a problem with that, but I don't think little kids need to be around it either. Second, since our house is kind of small, a lot of people will be in the backyard and we have an unfenced pool. I would be a total basket case with little ones around a pool. I also feel that once small children are in the mix the party becomes about them and I want the focus on Brenna and her accomplishment. She has worked very hard to get her BSN and I am so proud of her we really want to celebrate the moment.
So, here is my question. Do I put it straight on the party invitation that this will be adults only, no kids? I am thinking that's what I am going to do but I also feel like a few will just ignore it. The invitations will go out with plenty of time to get babysitters but I think most parents today don't even know what a babysitter is. I don't want to hurt people's feelings and I really do love kids, but this is one time that I just don't think it's right to include them in the mix.

No comments:
Post a Comment