So, it was a typical day yesterday and Ron was pretty tired. Poor guy had only gotten 5 hours of sleep! We each had our own errands to run and Ron also had to go to PT for his shoulder. We met back at the house around 4:30 and since he hadn't eaten, we went out for an early dinner at our favorite local bar and grill, Teakwoods. They have the best wings and Wednesday is always enchilada soup night, so Ron knows I am always up for that. It's kind of the perfect way to unwind for Ron and he has a few beers and gets rather chatty.
We talk about everything under the sun and just kind of reconnect after a long work week for him. Naturally we always talk about the kids and Ron admitted to me he is trying to fix Aaron up with his physical therapist. We get a laugh about that and both agree that Aaron is ready to settle down and start a family. One thing leads to another and before long Ron is telling me what a great mother I was and am to my kids. Awwww. I've said before how great Ron is, haven't I?
Later last night as we were laying in bed watching the Olympics before falling asleep, we saw a commercial for a minivan that has two different TV's in the back for the kids. We both kind of laughed and said where were those when our kids were little? Ron started in again about how patient I was when the kids were little, but this time he kind of elaborated a bit and it was something I don't even remember. He was going on and on about how great I was to answer all the questions the kids always had, especially Brenna. He told me I was amazing for having the patience I had with her million and one questions and that I always answered every one of them. I'm laying there thinking, I did?

This is a picture of Aaron and Brenna taken in the spring of 1990. Aaron had just turned 5 and Brenna was just about to turn 3. I can hardly believe that was 20 years ago already! Where has the time gone? I so wish I had the internet back then and had done a blog to remember every little part of their life. Just the simple things like answering all of their questions.

Husbands are awesome :) And what a sweet picture that is of your kids! Enchilada soup sound really good right about now...
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!
ReplyDelete