
Yesterday I tried a new recipe from my friend Liz. She calls it the "Chicken Tortilla Drop-Two-Pants-Sizes Wonder Soup". I don't know about the drop two pants sizes, especially since I put lots of cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream on top of mine, but it sure was good! And the best thing about it was that it was super easy! Dump it in the crock pot in the morning and eat it later that night easy! Since it was so wonderful, I thought I would share so others can enjoy it too.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
1 Cup water
1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (7 oz) can diced green chilies
4-6 chicken breasts, frozen is okay
1 bag frozen corn
1 T chili powder
1 t cumin
1 t salt
shredded cheese
sour cream
tortilla chips, if you like
Dump everything into crockpot except last 3 ingredients
Cook on low 6-8 hours
Cut the chicken into bite sized chunks or shred it
Serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips
All 3 of us had two bowls each and I hardly have any left over. Just one small tupperware full that Brenna has already claimed as her lunch when she works on Sunday. I am sure I will be making this again, probably in the near future!

oooh! This might be on my menu plan for next week! Although, my husband doesn't consider soup as a dinner. Isn't that strange? He's very strictly a meat and potato guy.
ReplyDelete