I realize it's almost the end of January already, but somebody just sent me this survey and I thought it would be fun to do, so here it is!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before? I've had to listen to a friend who started an affair with a married man. She knows what she is doing is wrong but she doesn't seem to care. I don't like it one bit and it's hurt our friendship
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions and make any more for next year? I don't really do resolutions normally, but I did make one for this year. That is to spend more time with my dad and so far I am doing a pretty good job of it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My friend Liz had her second daughter in May, Kylie.
4. Did anyone close to you die? My father in law, Larry, passed away on April 23rd, which happens to be Aaron's birthday. He had cut ties with the family though, so we didn't know about it until a few days later when I got a call from the coroner in Helena. That was an experience, let me tell ya! He is in a better place now.
5. What countries did you visit? I barely left town in 2009! Went to Prescott to visit Aaron a couple of times, over to San Diego to excape the heat twice and got to go to Chicago with my Mom in December for a few days of shopping. That was it! Now 2008 was a different story! Switzerland, France, Germany and the Netherlands with stops in London to change planes if that counts.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Mostly, just better real estate business! The market here just stinks and I am ready for it to turn around
7. What dates in 2009 will be etched upon your memory and why? December 3rd as my dad had his stoke that day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Staying sane with no clients or work to do?
9. What was your biggest failure? Getting along with my brothers better. I wish we had more in common and enjoyed spending time with each other, but we don't. It makes me really sad too. Plus, it makes the holidays hard when we do try to spend time together as it feels so awkward.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury? Does the Swine flu count? I had it in June and it was awful! Brenna was one of the first confirmed cases in Maricopa county in May but it took me a whole month to get it after her.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Can't really say there is anything special we bought that comes to mind, but I am extra happy that Ron sold the plane he was building. I felt bad that he gave up that dream of his, but so happy that he isn't going to kill himself in it as I always feared!
12. Who's behavior merited celebration? I think my husband Ron has the most cause for celebration. He got an excellent review at work, he had major surgery that finally cured his back pain and he dealt with some major issues like his dad passing away and his mom announcing a remarriage.
13. Who's behavior made you appalled and depressed? There were plenty of celebrities and politicians that always seem to make me shake my head. I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut with some of the decisions my brothers make, especially when they hurt my parents and that depresses me.
14. Where did most of your money go? Since I hardly made any money this past year, what little I did make was to keep my business running with just normal expenses like office expenses etc. I did change companies to lower my expenses so I had to get new signs, business cards etc.
15. What did you really, really, really get excited about? that Ron sold his plane and had a success surgery
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? No clue
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder: Happier
Thinner or fatter: Probably about the same
Richer or poorer: Poor for now but things are looking up!
18. What did you wish you had done more of? Spend more time and help my parents more
19. What do you wish you had done less of? Wish I wouldn't worry about things that I have no control over
20. How did you spend Christmas? Before or after the family drama? My older brother just can't understand why we (and that includes my parents) don't want to spend holidays with his inlaws. Especially now that it includes his 3 year old niece and nephew that have never been told the word no. I did invite my brother and his family for Christmas Eve but did not include the inlaws, so they did not come, which was fine. We had a very nice dinner with my parents and a cousin we recently reconnected with. Christmas day it was just my family, so we got to be lazy, open gifts in our jammies, made a huge breakfast and then snacked on some yummy things. We went and saw Avatar and just had a very enjoyable day without any family drama! But I felt bad for my parents that felt it was necessary to see my brother, so went to his house with all the craziness. It was too much for them and they left after just 2 hours and didn't even get to enjoy a nice dinner as it was interrupted too.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Not with any person but I fell in love with cooking again. I really do enjoy cooking, I just don't like to "have" to cook sometimes. Does that make sense?
22. What was your favorite TV program? I LOVE REALITY TV! I admit it. Total junky. Favorite shows are Survivor, Amazing Race and Big Brother. Never miss them!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Can't really say that I hate anybody period. Maybe dislike a few, but I choose not to surround myself with that kind of negativity
24. What was the best book you read? I read a lot, so can't really pick any one book. I generally just read mindless fiction though. Something to put me to sleep at night or something I don't have to think real hard about when I am at open house and get interrupted by people coming in. Favorite authors are Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown and a new one I like is Catherine Anderson
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Huh? I don't even own an Ipod. I like the radio and just keep flipping until I find a song I like.
26. What did you want and get? A successful surgery for Ron's back
27. What did you want and not get? Improved health for my dad and an improved real estate market
28. What was your favorite film of the year? We watch so many movies, I don't think I can pick just one. I can pick our "girl night out" movies though. Whenever Ron works on a Saturday night, a bunch of us go to $3 theater and usually see a chick flick and have dinner. I really enjoy those nights.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? I turned 44 in 2009 but I don't think we did anything special. I can't remember in my old age!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More real estate business! I would have been busier, which would mean more money, which would mean less stress about finances.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Keeping it cheap and simple! Did a lot more shopping in Ross, TJ Maxx and the bargain stores
32. What kept you sane? I am not totally sure that I am still sane! But if anything kept me grounded, it was my family.
33. What celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? While I've not totally agreed with all he has done, I've enjoyed watching President Obama try to clean up the mess our country is in. I will give him some more time before passing judgement though.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Health care reform. We have to have it and it has to start somewhere. It's going to be painful any way you look at it.
35. Who did you miss? Aaron! He lives about 2 hours away and I talk to him every day, but it's just not the same now that he has left the nest. It kills me that he wants to move even farther away but I know he needs to live his own life.
36. Who was the best new person you met? I have a new client by the name of Anna that I helped find a house for in late summer. She is such a sweetie, I can really imagine her being a friend for a long time.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: I think the biggest thing I've re learned is to not take people or time for granted. I have a sister in law that has a brain tumor, a father that has multiple health issues, a daughter that has also had a lot of medical issues, an extended family that has depression issues and the list could just go on and on. You never know when something is going to happen so you better make sure you spend the time with them now while they are still here and let them know that you love them every day.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love it! I did one too, although I did shorten it a little. I'll have to check out Catherine Anderson. I'm always looking for new things to read!
ReplyDelete