Did you make any? Or should I say, did you make any that you can really keep? That's the one thing about New Year's Resolutions that I just hate. Nobody seems to keep them for very long. I think the one resolution that I have kept, for a few years now, is to not run red lights anymore. We are really, really bad about that around here. So bad, now there are all these red light cameras at major intersections that have the worst problems with red light runners. Thankfully, I am not one of those anymore.
Like most people, I would really like to eat more healthy and loose weight. Will I do that? Well, honestly, probably not. I am going to try at least. But I NEVER make that my resolution because I know it will be the first thing out the window. This year, my New Year's Resolution is to spend more time with my dad. He means the world to me and I don't think we will have him here with us much longer. My dad has had 6 heart attacks, with the first being when he was just 34 years old. He had a 5 way heart bypass about 13 years ago and it's failing. He is only working on one artery now. He has diabetes that he has a very hard time controlling and on December 3rd he had a stroke. He is recovering fairly well from the stroke, but he isn't the same no matter how much we try to convince ourself that he is doing better. Dad will be 73 in April and in a lot of ways I think he has kind of given up on life.
So, I am going to spend as much time with him while I still can. Brenna and I have gone over there the last two Tuesday nights and played cards with him. I'm not sure who has enjoyed it more, him or us.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment