Tuesday, January 5, 2010

In for repairs

So, Ron had shoulder surgery this morning. Why is it that they want you there at 6am to check in but don't even take you back to pre-op until 7am? I am the world's worst at waiting and it just drives me crazy sitting there like that!

Luckily, this was just minor out patient type of thing. They had him in, did their thing and we were on our way home by 10am. Ron had a torn labrum and when the doc came out to tell me how things went, he said all his ligaments were off the bone and just floating around. No wonder it was bothering him so much! So, he is all put back together and sleeping it off in his recliner and watching movies with Brenna. The bad thing is that most pain meds don't work on him, just the real heavy duty stuff, so he is in some pain. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be horrible when the pain block on his shoulder wears off and he can really feel it.

Anybody care to trade places with me for a few days? I hate playing nurse! Brenna handles all the gross stuff, thank God for her, but I just don't deal well with running back and forth at his beck and call. I've done a lot of that the last few years for various surgeries he's had to have and I'm just no good at it. I admit it. What was that old commercial? Take me away Calgon! Take me away!

No comments:

Post a Comment