Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Proud Mama

This afternoon I got a phone call from Aaron. He usually likes to call me when he is driving home from work and we always have a nice chat about how our day is going, what happened at work, that sort of thing. Needless to say, I really like those phone calls and look forward to them every day.

Todays phone call started off with Aaron telling me I would be proud of him. Well, considering I am always very proud of both my kids, I kind of wondered what he was talking about. I asked him what was so special about today that I would be proud of kind of expecting him to tell me he had been certified on ground control. Instead of that, Aaron told me he got a flu shot!

I wasn't only proud, I was down right shocked! Aaron hates needles more than anybody I know. I nag him every year to get a flu shot and every year he won't listen to me. Says he would rather take his chances with the flu and then every year he gets the flu and I get to say I told you so. I asked him what made the difference this year. He replied, they came to the tower, gave them to us for free and everyone else was getting them. Finally! If I had only known a little peer pressure would have worked I would have tried that a long time ago.

You know what the next thing he asked me? How to cook up some Italian sausage he had gotten while we were there. I guess he really liked all of the home cooking I did for him last week! He just called me again and told me how much he liked his dinner he cooked and is looking forward to tomorrow nights dinner too. I suggested he put some in the crockpot for tomorrow and he could have 2 more meals out of that, spaghetti and sausage sandwhiches.

It's nice to know that my little boy still needs his Mama for a few things. No matter how old they get, you never stop being a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment