Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Farting in the Recovery Room

I know I've talked about this before, but I have to say it again. Going with a loved one when they have a colonoscopy has to be the funniest thing ever. When they finally call you back to the recovery room, all you hear is all this really loud farting. These people are really letting them rip! And that's exactly what they are supposed to do to clear the air out of their system. Thankfully, they don't smell!

Ron had his first colonoscopy yesterday. He went around for about 2 weeks telling people he turned 50 and got a colonoscopy for his birthday present. That in itself was pretty funny. The worst thing about having this done is the prep though. Can't eat for two days prior. Liquid diet the first day and then clear liquids only the second day. Plus you get to drink two liters of this nasty stuff. Ron handled it pretty well though without too much complaining, but I felt so sorry for him.

He came thru the proceedure with flying colors, but they did remove 6 polyps. He was kind of upset about that as he was hoping there wouldn't have been any to remove. If that had been the case, he wouldn't have to do another one for 10 years. Now he will have to have them done every 3-5 years.

I told him next time we could do it together. By then I will be hitting that magic number and it will be my turn to fart in the recovery room.

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME that he went and had this done! So many people don't have the test done because "it's uncomfortable." It's so important to catch anything early. Good for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete