Monday, September 26, 2011

Count down to Christmas

I ran across this blog last week that talked about the 100 days before Christmas. Their idea is to do a little bit every day or week to get yourself organized and the holidays won't be so stressful. Sounds good, right?

Last weeks tips are to write your Christmas lists. Not necessarily what you are buying, but who you are buying for. Well, that's really easy for me since we don't buy for many and will be cutting out my brother's family this year, so that saves a ton of money. I sent everyone on my list an email and asked them to get me their wish list by Halloween. I figure that gives me plenty of time to watch the sales and know who has the best prices. I did catch some crap from everyone that I was starting too early, but that's just too bad for them!

The other good tip for the week was to start gathering your supplies such as wrapping paper, tape, bows, that sort of thing. Folks, that crap is already in the stores and as much as we don't want to see it this early, it's there. You also get the best selection if you start now. It won't be as cheap as if you were to buy it after the season is over, but you do get the better stuff. I found so super cute gift tags and tissue paper at Costco that I picked up and stashed.

I am going to try to give you the highlighted tips every Monday from now until Christmas so hopefully you can get organized like me!

90 days until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment