Last Saturday Ron, Brenna and I flew up to spend a few days with Aaron. It was so good to see my little boy! What is even better is the fact that he is so happy up there. Sure makes it easier on me to have him so far away when I know he is happy like that.
For the most part, Aaron is all settled in his house. He still needs to do a few things like work on the yard a bit and get another mattress for the other guest room, but otherwise he is in and settled. The one thing he hadn't done is put up anything on the walls to make the house a little more homey. That he left up to Brenna and I and we were totally up to the challenge! He gave us $300 to decorate with and the only guidelines was not to make it too girly. We mainly concentrated on the kitchen and greatroom area. The bedrooms will have to wait until we have a little more money on the next visit.
This is the dining room before:
This is the dining room after. Ron and I bought Aaron a table off of craigslist for $300 as a house warming gift. Great table and not a scratch on it!
Here is the kitchen before:
And here it is after with some cutesy stuff on top, new paint and curtains. Aaron wants to put in granite counters and get some new appliances one of these days:
Here is the great room before:
Now the greatroom has new carpet and paint. What a difference! Aaron hated the green tile around the fireplace and now it looks great:
Brenna and I also planted over 100 bulbs in his one little planter in the front yard along with some mums. We can't grow bulbs in Phoenix since it doesn't get cold long enough, so I was thrilled to put some in. I think it will be beautiful come spring.
And you know what the best part is? Aaron already has his ticket to come home for Christmas! Only 3 months until we get to see him again, so that isn't too bad. Besides, he is a gook kid and calls his Mommy every day. Now, if he could just find a nice girl to marry, life would be great.
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


It looks really wonderful! I'm glad you all had a nice visit!
ReplyDelete