Having a GREAT time in New York City! This is just what Ron and I needed. We haven't been able to spend time like this together away from all the pressures of life for so long. Of course he is dragging me all over creation and my feet HURT! I am even wearing my ugly walking shoes in a effort to save my feet and it's not working at all.
Yesterday we started at the Today show concert. So much fun! Saw the whole gang, minus Al, and they did the 8:30 weather update in front of us. Did you see us? Got to hear Maroon 5 and they were pretty good. We started walking and hit the Empire State Building so went up. It was a pretty and clear day so we could see all the way to Connecticut. From there we went to Macy's and did a little damage. Just have to say BEST MACY'S EVER! I thought the Chicago Macy's was good but it doesn't even compare to this one. Could have spent the whole day in there except that I had the husband tailing me the whole time.
After Macy's we jumped on the subway and went to the World Trade Center site. Saw the memorial area and the new building going up, but it was a little too much reality for me on vacation. Didn't stay there long. Back on the subway to Canal Street for more shopping! Ron got into it a little more here as there was haggling allowed but the stuff kind of all looked the same after a while. Did get a cute purse for Brenna and if she doesn't like it, I do! Somehow ran into Little Italy while we were walking so stopped for a late lunch/early dinner. Yummmmmmm!
Back on the subway to the hotel for a quick shower to refresh and then over to Time Square to see if we could score tickets for a Broadway show. Got half price tickets to Memphis on the floor, and it was fantastic. Found a couple of chairs in Time Square to sit around and wait for show time and was totally entertained by the Naked Cowgirl. At first I was kind of like, how could she sell herself out like that, but after a while of watching the reactions, I was just laughing. Watching the younger teeny boppers get all embarrassed was especially fun.
This morning we were up early again for the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island tour. Good thing we preordered tickets as we just walked right on to the ferry. We talked to others that waited in line for almost 2 hours and when we got back the line was literally more than a mile long. It was a neat tour and glad we did it, but I wouldn't have to do it again. Took the subway up to Central Park, found a deli and grapped a sandwhich to eat there. It's a nice day as long as you are in the shade, but quite warm in the sun and getting muggy. We are back at the hotel for showers to freshen up before going back out tonight.
I'll be sure to include lots of pictures when we get home, but so far we are having a great time!
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow that sounds like A LOT of fun!
ReplyDelete