Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Could he be the ONE?

Brenna has been dating a new guy now for about two months. While that doesn't sound all that long to you, it's almost a track record for her. She doesn't typically get many 2nd or 3rd dates when she tells the guy that she has a no sex rule until they are in a committed relationship. Most guys today seem to be just out for a good time and want another notch on the ol' bed post.

So, maybe you can understand my lack of enthusiasm when Brenna told me she had met a really nice guy. Been there, done that and it never lasts for very long. Except this one has. At least so far. Except now I keep asking myself, what's wrong with him? Isn't that awful? Bryant is 24, graduated from ASU with a finance degree, works for the VA and has even bought his own house! Sounds like he comes from a good family too. Is he too good to be true?

I didn't press to meet him at all, which is another first for me. Usually when Brenna actually has more than 3 or 4 dates with somebody, I'm all about meeting him. This time I haven't said a word and let them figure it out. Well, it finally happened on Monday night. He had left his wallet in her car so he needed to come pick it up. Brenna asked me if he could come for dinner, so I said sure.

Poor kid. Had to meet the parents and my Mom all in the same night! But, he held his own and we all have given him two thumbs up. Bryant's mom found out that he met us so now she wants to meet Brenna. They are all having dinner together on Friday night, so it will be Brenna's turn for a little pressure.



Here is the happy couple. Aren't they cute together? And yes, he has really red hair! I guess we will just have to wait and see how this progresses, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! And how cute are their names together -- Brenna and Bryant! Love it!

    ReplyDelete