We got married on a broiling hot Tuesday. It was cheaper and easier for those that had to travel to get here. We had almost 400 at the wedding and about 300 at the reception which was held at the Scottsdale Hilton. Very swanky, even back then. I tell everyone that my Mother had the wedding of her dreams! But I was so young, it didn't matter and I loved everything about it. Would I do it differently now? Of course, but I am a totally different person now too.
And no making fun of my hat! That was all the rage back then! I love my dress every bit as much today as I did then too. None of these pictures show the back of it which had a very deep V cut, exposing my back. Very sexy for 1983, let me tell you! And no, I wasn't pregnant! It wasn't a shotgun wedding by any means, I just got married at a very young age.
The wedding party. I'm always sad to think we haven't stayed in close contact with most of these people, other than our brothers. Everyone's life just moved in such a different direction after our wedding.
This is always the most talked about picture whenever somebody sees our wedding album! The guys were just being goofy but don't ask me what made them think of this
I always loved this picture with my brothers. Todd had only just turned 15 when we got married, so he was just so young! Scott had just returned from Marine boot camp and his hair was so short!
Us with our parents. It's so sad to think that both of our father's have passed away
Even today carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, which is what our cake was, is our favorite. I am sure we will have a piece for dessert tonight. And there was no smooshing of cake into each other's face, thank you very much. I think that is an awfull tradition
The one and only time Ron has ever picked me up!
The get away car that Ron tried so hard to hide so nobody would decorate it! You have to admit it was a hot car back then!
When I think about it, I need to get married again. I need some new stuff!

Love the pics! You both look so happy! Congrats on so many years together! Our anniversary next week!
ReplyDelete27 years way to go! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteAwww, happy anniversary!! You got married the year I was born, so 1983 was a very good year for both of us! :) I love these pictures. Our anniversary is coming up too on August 8. It'll be six years for us. I hope we make it as long as you and Ron have!
ReplyDelete