Do you have any idea how much I hate hospitals? Seems like we are there so much. Today it was for my Mom. She has had a lump in her groin area on her leg that comes and goes. The docs finally decided it was time for it to go for good and they wanted it out. With her cancer history, I'm surprised it took them this long to decide that.
So, off we went to the surgi center this morning. At least it wasn't too early! They took us right back and had her in and out of there within 20 minutes. Doc came out and said it looked good but he was still sending it to the labs. We won't really know anything for a few weeks, I guess. After about 45 minutes in recovery they sent us home.
We've both been snoozing ever since. She isn't supposed to be left alone for 24 hours, so there is a good chance I will be staying the night. They didn't totally put her under though and mostly just did a local. The nurse said they have to say 24 hours but as long as she isn't going to drive to sign paperwork, she should be fine. If she is fine after dinner, I will probably go home so I can get packing for our trip on Thursday.
For now I am playing on the lap top and watching daytime TV. I hadn't realized how bad daytime TV is until now!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, I hate hospitals too. Yuck. I'm sure everything will be just fine with your mom!
ReplyDeleteHi Pam!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your advice and words of encourgement.
Doesn't sound like a very fun morning at all. Hope everything turns out alright for your mom.
Angela
Hi Pam! Thanks for your advice and words of encouragement. Sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully everything turns out well.
ReplyDeleteAngela