Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day - Not

So, today is my first Father's Day without my father. Needless to say, I am missing him terribly. I've gotten some nice emails and facebook messages from people knowing today would be rough, and I do appreciate the thoughts. I'm trying to stay positive and just remember my dad and how much I loved him. He was a great dad.



Both of these pictures were from a cruise we took in 2002 out of San Juan. Dad loved to cruise, especially when we could all do it together. My folks took us on our first cruise and we were all hooked after that. We all went on a cruise for spring break every year together until the economy tanked. I know those trips meant so much to my Dad. He loved the Caribbean and wants some of his ashes to be spread there. We are trying to put together a trip for maybe February to do that.



I don't want to take anything away from Ron today either. He is a great father to our kids and has been a rock to me the last few months. We celebrated yesterday though since he has to sleep today and work tonight. I cooked him his favorite meal and the Brenna gave him his gift and her and Aaron. I got him a couple of shirts too. Aaron couldn't come down due to his work schedule, but my Mom came over for dinner.

I do hope all of the father's out there have a great day. And I know my Dad is watching us.

2 comments:

  1. I know yesterday was probably hard for you. But I know your Dad is watching you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those firsts after losing someone are always hard. My granny was my hero, and she helped raise me, too. It took me a long time to be able to think or talk about her without crying. It's totally normal, and we all grieve differently. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete