Monday, June 7, 2010

Question for Blog Land

Why is it that my kids have such a problem meeting good quality candidates for marriage? I realize the dating scene has changed a lot, but really? Aaron is totally frustrated this week as the gal he had gone out with a few times blew him off with a "You are too good for me" line. This kid, or maybe I should say man since he is 25, just wants to find a nice girl and get married to live happily ever after. Is that too much to ask?

So, here is my question for all of you who might read this or somehow stumble across it. How did you meet your partner?

Ron and I met at church when I was just 14 years old! He is 4 years old than I am, so it was a bit scandalous at the time. The entire youth group had gone to Disneyland and Magic Mountain during Christmas break, but I wasn't able to go because I had been sick. My girlfriends all came home telling me about this guy who was driving one of the church vans that got them lost on the California freeways. The nicknamed him Wrong Way Ron and they said I just had to meet him! The rest is history, but a great story for another time.

This is the first picture taken of us together. I was probably about 15 here.



This is our most recent picture taken in May while we were in Montana. It's weird to think that these two pictures are 30 years apart! Gosh, I'm getting old.



If any of you have any words of wisdom for my kids, please let me know. I really would like them to get married one of these days but if they can't find a decent person to begin with, it's going to be kind of hard!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love the pictures of you two! So sweet.

    I'm no help here. I met my husband when I was 16 and we've pretty much been together ever since. I've always been so glad I didn't have to be in my mid-20s trying to date. I have no idea how to do it!

    ReplyDelete