Brenna finally came to the end of her rope last week dealing with the insurance companies as she waits for her approval or denial. She was just extremely unhappy, crying her eyes out and just didn't know which way to turn next. Nothing was being done and she couldn't get anywhere by calling the various parties. I told her it was time to take back control of the things she could control and she did!
Thursday afternoon she filed a complaint with the Arizona Medical Board against the doctor that did her second opinion. This guy still hadn't even dictated her file 7 weeks after her appointment, although they had told her a couple of different times it was done and they should have it any day. She was calling his office every day and they got so sick of her calling they told her they would file harrassment charges against her if she called again. Can you believe that? Just do your job dumbo and we wouldn't have to call! So, she took control and filed the complaint.
Friday morning she had a call for the AZ Medical Board telling her she had a legitimate complaint and they would be investigating! I am still in shock they answered her so quickly and I personally think they have heard this guys name before and were looking for a reason to go after him again. I hope we gave it to them and that they throw the book at him!
Brenna also sent letters to the insurance industry system to file a complaint against Liberty Mutual for taking so long on the entire process. This is what the workman's comp attorney told her to do but also said it could open up another can of worms. We really didn't want to take this step but after 5 months really felt like we didn't have any choice. Brenna got notification yesterday that everything has been received, so we will see. She sent copies to her case manager at Liberty Mutual too, so they know we aren't going to sit back on this anymore.
Will it help? Who knows. But at least Brenna feels like she has taken back control and that's all that matters right now.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

GO BRENNA! That is so awesome. I'm so glad she just went for it and hopefully some things will get done now. I cannot BELIEVE the doctor's office threatened to file harrassment chargers against her. I have never heard something so ridiculous. I hope that guy goes down.
ReplyDeleteKudos to you for raising such a strong, AMAZING daughter.
Good for her!! We're in the middle of dealing with our insurance re: Leo's bills from his birth. Apparently he's covered for every day except for the 2nd day of his life. What sense does that make? UGH. I can't stand insurance & medical BS. That's so fantastic that Brenna was able to get some action taken!!!! Yay! Hopefully everything gets resolved!!!
ReplyDelete