Tuesday, March 20, 2012

St Patrick's Day

Did you all do anything fun for St Patrick's Day last Saturday? We usually don't do anything and this year would not have been any different except we were actually invited to a party. And this wasn't just any party. This was a party being thrown by a bunch of tech's that work for Ron that are from Ireland!

Have to say it was the coolest thing ever to be at a St Patrick's Day party with a bunch of Irish people. I could have just sat there and not said a word but just listened to them talk. Love the accent! Half the time I couldn't understand them either. There were about 50-60 people at this party with about 20 of them being kids mostly under about age 5. Now little kids just aren't my thing, but for the most part all of these kids were pretty well behaved. Plus, I mostly stayed outside so I didn't have to listen to the screaming coming from the play room, so that helped!

I am here to tell you the whole corned beef and cabbage thing? NOT Irish! The food at this party was pretty amazing, but not all necessarily for the better. Some of it was down right gross, in my opinion, but it sure was different. There had to be at least 10 different potato dishes made. Some of them were tasty, others not so much. The one thing I really liked was an Irish lasagne. My first reaction was lasagne isn't Irish! But this was really different but very good. I won't even go into all the beer that was being drank, but lets just say they did it justice.

The other thing I want to make note of was the beautiful red heads. So many of the women and a few of the kids had the most beautiful red hair that was just to die for. I was tempted to take a little one with me to the salon next time and tell them to make my hair that color! Oh my goodness, with their milky white skin and that hair, they were stunning!

We didn't stay that long because Ron had to work the next morning and the 4:30 am wake up call is kind of painful. I will say I had a great time and they were a fun group. Would love to do it again!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun!!! I love the Irish brogue too. I could just listen to it for hours.

    ReplyDelete