I've been keeping a little secret for a while. Mostly because I didn't want to jinx anything. But today, I can finally tell you!
Ron officially started back on day shift!!!!! And what is even better is the fact that it will be front half of the week. He will work Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and every other Wednesday from 6am to 6pm. Although he will still have to go in on his off Wednesday late in the afternoon for meetings, but at least he will get to sleep in that day.
We will finally have a normal lifestyle again! And get to have a social life! They have been promising him this since last June. Came close a couple of times but then pulled him back at the last minute. It was always so disappointing and that's part of the reason I didn't say anything this time around. They hired THREE different people to take over his job. Can you believe that? THREE! I sure wish he had been getting paid for all 3 of those positions! In fact, he will take a 16% pay cut due to the shift differential, so that will kind of stink. But at least my business is doing well, so we should be fine.
The only negative I can find to all of this is that I will actually have to start cooking at night again. I had a 3 year break where I only cooked evening meals maybe twice a week. That part was kind of nice, but it's totally worth it to have my hubby home on regular hours again. I guess I can cook!
Monday, March 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YAY, I'm so happy to hear this! Also jealous, but mostly happy. :) Good for Ron, and good for you!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news!! Congrats!!
ReplyDelete