Thursday, March 22, 2012

Prayer Request

We do need some new prayers for Brenna. :( She has been experiencing some really high blood pressure for a while now. With all that she has been going thru and the famiily genetics, docs kind of chalked it up to that, but it continues to go up. So, they have done two rounds of extensive bloodwork on her and found out her adrenal gland has a possible tumor on it. This is putting out some extra steriod something or other that gives you high blood pressure, headaches, frequent urination and weight gain. Sure would explain a lot!

So, they are sending her to an Endo specialist but the first appointment we could get in was May 23rd. I suggested her regular doc send her for an ultrasound before then as I'm sure they will want to see if there is anything growing on there, so they are doing that. Hopefully we can have all our ducks in a row before going to see the specialist and maybe save ourself a step or two.

I keep thinking right now that maybe this is the reason for the hand surgery delay, looking at the bigger picture. Maybe we were meant to find this out while she is off of work so it can be dealt with? I don't know but this poor kid just seems to have so many health issues. I feel like we have failed her somehow.

2 comments:

  1. Thoughts and prayers are with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, poor Brenna. Definitely praying for all of you. Also, I'm so sorry about all the business with Ron's mom. She really is a piece of work, huh?!

    ReplyDelete