Ron has been looking forward to this weekend for along time now. Against my better judgement, he finally convinced me to let him rent a motorcycle so he could ride with a group of his friends for AZ Bike Week. This is a big, organized event up at Westworld in Scottsdale. They were expecting over 60,000, but I'm not sure if that was a one day thing or over the course of Wednesday thru Saturday. There are all sorts of vendors there and then at night they put on concerts.
The minute Ron got out of bed on Wednesday, he was ready to go get the bike. We started off on the wrong foot as he didn't give us any warning, it was just let's go now. I wasn't too happy when I dropped him off as he was pretty inconsiderate about the entire thing and he must have gotten the message because he didn't come home for a few hours! Off he went for a ride by himself.
Thursday he was up and out by 6am to meet his buddies for breakfast and then they headed to Scottsdale. Hung out at Westworld for a few hours and did some organized rides too. They had photographers out there taking pics of everyone as they road in, so this is Ron's pic. He looks so happy but like such a dork! Brenna and I have teased him a lot about this picture
The bike he is riding is actually a different bike than what he started out with because that bike had some problems. He took it back to the Harley dealership and they traded it out for this one. Ron was happy but I have a feeling he didn't tell me the full story about the "problems" with the first bike. I probably don't want to hear it either! Anyway, he didn't come home until about 8:30 on Wednesday night. He was very tired but I knew he had had a lot of fun.
Friday his friend, Barry, had some meeting to attend at work, so they didn't get as early of a start and didn't meet up until about lunch time. Then they headed off for another ride up to Canyon Lake. I didn't expect them home until 9 or 10pm that night as I was sure they were going to go back to Westworld since the band playing that night was REO Speedwagon. Imagine my surprise when I heard them pull in about 3pm.
Ron had more "problems" with the bike. Except this time the problem happened to be a car that he clipped. Thankfully, nobody was hurt and he didn't go down or anything. But he did mess up the car bumper and the saddle bag on the bike. I think he must have scared himself pretty good too. At least I hope so.
He took the bike back and I still haven't heard how much this is going to cost us, but I'm sure it will be a pretty penny. Ron was pretty upset the rest of the night and had a few beers to drown his tears. That's when I heard a little more of the story. They had had a beer at lunch before leaving on this ride. Do you know how mad that made me? I cannot believe he was that stupid. Thank GOD nobody was hurt and cops weren't involved. Ron can loose his job with even one DUI. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when he told me this.
I'm still angry today too. Not about the accident. We've all had those. But the fact that he had even one beer and then got behind the wheel of anything just makes my blood boil. Needless to say, he is really kissing up today but it's going to take me some time on this. I feel so let down.
And I really hope he is never stupid enough to ask if he can ever rent a motorcycle again. Not happening.
Saturday, March 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh man, I'm so sorry that happened. I can more than understand why you're so upset about it. I know you'll be able to work through it, but I can imagine you're just crushed by it. Ugh. Such an awful feeling.
ReplyDeleteI have to admit that I had a little giggle over that picture, though!
Just got the estimate for the car bumper at $828. Ouch
ReplyDelete