Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Suspicions Confirmed

Well, Ron confirmed yesterday what I knew in my heart would be happening. His Mom and stepfather will be purchasing a home here and she will plan to live in it full time if anything should happen to Earl. I just kind of knew all along that was probably the plan, but it still kind of shocked me to hear it out loud. Mostly because part of their plan is that she will give up rights to the house in Bozeman. She loves Bozeman and that's where her brothers all live, so I was totally surprised she would move away from there.

It makes sense and all, but still hard to wrap my mind around it. She will need somebody to take care of her in her old age and I guess we have been the ones elected to do it. Not sure how I feel about that. At least with my Mom my brothers are here to help, not that they do that much, but at least they are here. Ron's brother lives in Austin so we won't be able to count on him at all.

Naturally, Ron is excited that his Mom will be close by for a change. I just wonder how long that will last. She can be demanding and she still treats him like a 12 year old a lot of the time. I know how stressful it is with having to deal with my Mom on a regular basis, but I keep Ron out of that for the most part. I think he might have a rude awakening when the time comes.

Only time will tell.

1 comment: