Monday, February 6, 2012

50 Houses in 2 Days!

I did it! Found my buyer a house and got him under contract in 3 days. We looked at close to 30 houses the first day and at least 20 the second day before finally finding the right one. Let me tell you, I was and still am TIRED!

Surprisingly, we really didn't have a hard time finding a lot of houses he liked. Our trouble came in to where they were priced and if they were still actually available. I'd call on them and the listing agent would already have multiple offers on them or I would pull the comps and find out it was so overpriced the sellers were smoking something funny. That got to be a little frustrating for both of us.

Friday afternoon we found a great house and everything just fell into place. Yes, it was still a tad on the high side and we might have some issues with an appraisal, but the house is perfect. They won't need to do one thing when they move in either. We wrote the offer and the listing agent is somebody I've worked with before and that helps too. He understood the situation and got back to me right away. By Saturday morning we had an accepted offer! Inspections will be later this week and then it will be time to sweat out the appraisal. Only time will tell.

I thought I was going to get to relax the rest of Saturday, but that didn't happen either. Another buyer of mine didn't get their offer accepted on Friday, so they were very disappointed. So, it was back out to show them a few more houses. I was with them until about 5 and then Brenna and I ran over to Hobby Lobby for some art supplies, to Lowes for a few flowers and then grabbed a burger for dinner. We got home about 7 and I basically just zoned out the rest of the night. I was so tired!

I really could have used yesterday as a day to recover but since it was Super Bowl Sunday, that meant I needed to get cooking since Ron's Mom was coming over. Thankfully, Brenna is a huge help in the kitchen or I would have never gotten it done. I was so tired I basically slept thru the first quarter and as soon as the game was over and they left, I went to bed! I was asleep before 10 and didn't get up until 9am. What does that tell you?

I do need to give a shout out to Cassie. I made one of her MANY wonderful recipes yesterday and it was a huge hit. Plus it was super simple. Cream cheese, frozen corn and mexican shredded cheese scooped into a Tortilla scoop and baked for 20 minutes. Yummmm! Cassie, I just love all the good food you make!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Pam, you must be EXHAUSTED!! But that's so awesome that you found your client a house that quickly. You deserved a good rest! I'm so glad you liked those corn bite thingies. They are so good, huh?! I'm so glad you like the recipes!! :)

    ReplyDelete