Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Went Hunting Yesterday . . . .

. . . . and bagged me a Moose! Although, it's not quite what you are thinking.



There is actually quite a story behind this Moose. I can't remember the date exactly, but I think it was about June, 1992, when we took our first family vacation to Bozeman. We were living in Texas at the time, so we flew to Salt Lake and then drove the rest of the way so we could go thru Jackson Hole, The Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. The kids were still pretty little, only about 6 and 8, so we made lots of stops along the way.

One of those stops was at a KOA camp ground in Bear Lake, Utah. Beautiful area, if you ever make it up that way. This KOA had a nice convenience store, clean bathrooms and a playground, so we stopped to let the kids get some energy out. I was snooping around the store and saw this mounted moose head that I just flipped out over. It was all hand made out of fabric and just the cutest thing. Ron told me to get it, but all I could think of was how was I to get that home on the plane at the end of the trip? So, I passed it by and regretted it ever since. Every time we would make the drive to Bozeman, we always stop at that KOA to see if by some miracle there is a moose head again, but I've never found one.

That is until yesterday! Brenna and I were out running errands, putting on lockboxes, taking pics of listings, that sort of thing. She was just tagging along to keep me company. When we were done neither of us were ready to go home, so I had this great idea to stop at an Antique Mall I've never been in. We spent almost 3 hours in there! So much fun looking at all the stuff. This place is huge and just stuffed full. It's set up with individual stalls so there are a lot of vendors in there. Not everything is an antique, but lots of fun to look at anyway. Way in the back we ran across this moose and I about flipped out. We started laughing so hard and I just had to get it. Besides, it was only $25!

Now I just have to get it hung up before Ron gets home. I've decided to put him in the hall bathroom, right above the toilet! How funny is that going to be when people walk in to use the bathroom and see this moose staring down at them? Yep, I am just kind of warped that way.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, that is such a neat story! Things always have a way of working themselves out. I'm so glad that you finally bagged your moose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The whole story AND the fact that he'll be over the toilet. Perfect! This moose was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete