Tuesday, November 2, 2010

This, That and a Few Other Things



Did you all remember to vote today? I have to admit, while I did mail in my ballot 2 weeks ago, I didn't actually vote. I let Ron vote for me and just signed off on it. I HATE politics and think they are all crooks. I am a firm believer that we need to have a "none of the above" option on the ballots. I am sick, sick, sick of all the campaign commericals on TV and don't even get me started on the phone calls we've been getting. I don't vote a party ticket but will vote only for the best person for the job. This time around I honestly didn't think any of them were right but since I didn't have any options to get around them, I let Ron have my vote. There were a few issues I had my say in, but we both agreed on those, so it wasn't a big deal. There have been plenty of years where Ron and I cancel each other votes out, and that's always interesting around here. Needless to say, he was happy to use my vote the way he saw fit.

Moving on . . . . I want to wish my brother, Scott, a happy birthday today.


Have to share a few pics from Halloween now that the neighbor who actually remembered to take pictures posted them on Facebook! We all line up our bowls of candy on the front of the driveway and kids just help themself. Everyone is always so polite about it and usually just take one piece each, so it works out.




I love seeing all the costumes, especially the original ones. This little guy came by and was just sooooo cute! We had to ask what his costume was. He was dressed as James Bond!




This is Kristi and Brenna. Kristi dressed up as every holiday on the calendar. It was pretty cute and original




Quite a few neighborhood dogs came by to say hello. This is the newest addition to the neighborhood, Molly. She is only 10 weeks old and Ron is enjoy a little puppy breath kisses.




My dog, Molly, in her Princess costume.




Brenna and her puppy, Daisey, dressed as a pumpkin




The best costume of the night comes from a cousin in Montana. This is Tate. Can you tell what he is? A "Chick Magnet"! How original is that?



And do you notice how we are all in shorts and flip flops? It's one of the nice things about Halloween in Phoenix. Very rarely do you have to screw up a costume with a coat or jacket over it!

1 comment:

  1. Love the costumes! Your dog looked so sweet! Brenna's too! What a neat idea for your Halloween party & lining the candy bowls up. It was freezing here on Halloween!! Def. no flip flops and shorts for us.

    I admit that I didn't vote. My political view=they are all liars. In Illinois no matter who gets elected, human services (the field I'm in) is screwed & I didn't want to take any responsibility either way for that. My coworkers would KILL me if they knew. Thank God we haven't gotten any phone calls. I've heard a lot of people complaining about them-even on cell phones!!

    ReplyDelete