Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ashes to Ashes




Have you ever been to St Kitts? It's one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean, at least in my opinion. It was also one of my dad's favorites. He always said he wanted to have some of his ashes left in the Caribbean. They were originally supposed to go to St Lucia but because Hurricane Tomas hit there earlier in the week, they went to St Kitts instead.

Today his request was granted. My Mom and my younger brother are on a cruise this week and St Kitts is todays port call. I knew it was going to be a really hard trip and honestly wasn't too upset that I wasn't going to be there for this. It's just so hard to keep saying good bye.

What is really wierd is about 7:45am my phone rang and it was Todd. I didn't get it in time and a few minutes later I got the beep that there was a voice mail. He actually butt dialed me and I could hear them in the background saying goodbye to my dad. They were crying and of course I started crying too. It sent him a text message a few minutes later saying I heard them and was sending them hugs. The more I think about it, the more I feel like it was my dad calling me this morning so I could be a part of his send off.

Todd text me back saying they had spread Dad's ashes here in Frigate Bay. Isn't it beautiful? I can't think of a better place for part of a final resting place. My Mom called me later to tell me about the beautiful black sand beach and how his ashes just melted away.



I say part because my dad also wanted to have some of his ashes spread here too

1 comment:

  1. This gave me chills in the comment you left on my site, and it gives me chills now. I think your dad definitely had a hand in that butt dial. BOTH of those places are beautiful final resting places, for sure!

    ReplyDelete