Everyone enjoying their turkey dinner. Jay and Kristi, some neighbors down the street, joined us along with my Mom, Brenna's guy Bry and Aaron's gal Ashley. It was an enjoyable group with lots of laughter and good conversation. It was fun watching the two bachelors put away some home cooked food and I made sure to send them home with plenty of leftovers too.
After dinner the inner pyromaniac came out in Ron and he decided we needed to go get the fire pit going and enjoy our cooler nights. The guys naturally had to help and they had a roaring fire in no time after using plenty of lighter fluid.
Aaron and Ashley cuddling to stay warm. They were being all "it's not cold out" since they are used to the cooler temps up in the mountains of Prescott.
Can you believe Bry had never roasted Marsh mellows before? We had to teach him the proper technique and he caught on very quickly. Loved them in fact. Loved them even more when I brought out the stuff for smores!
After my Mom, Jay and Kristi went home the "kids" got into the hot tub for a while and soaked away while Ron and I enjoyed another drink by the fire. Once they got out, showered and were in their pj's they came back outside for a bit and we had some pie. By then everyone was in a food coma and slowly drifted off to bed.
Poor Ron and Brenna had to stay up until 3am to switch their bodies over again since they both had to work Wednesday night.
So here it is Thanksgiving morning and they are tucked into their beds, away in dreamland, while I watch the Macy's parade. Would you believe I have to go and show 2 houses at noon? I'll get the sleepers up around 4pm for a good breakfast of bacon and eggs before sending them off to work again. Not our normal Thanksgiving, but you know what? That's okay too. This year wasn't going to be normal without my dad anyway.

No comments:
Post a Comment