Monday, November 8, 2010

Bridezilla Aftermath



You all enjoy the Bridezilla stories, huh? I have to admit, I did too! It was pure torture waiting to hear about it all. But Brenna finally got home last night and I got to see all the pictures and hear all the stories.

First the rehearsal dinner. They ended up being about 2 hours late and the restaurant couldn't hold the patio for them that long so they had to share the patio with others. The groom had made all the arrangements at a local chain Mexican food place, which really isn't that great in our opinion. Brenna said the food wasn't any good and there wasn't enough of it. Plus, the margarita machine didn't last long and they kept having it refilled. Apparently that about doubled the cost of the party too. The groom had told his father it would be $750 and when they got the bill it was for over $1500! He was scared to show his dad the bill and asked Bry to do it for him. Needless to say, dad wasn't happy.

Wedding day dawned bright and beautiful. Good thing since it was an outdoor wedding. Temps were predicted in the mid 80's, so they were a little concerned it might be a bit warm sitting in the sun, but naturally they were late getting things going, so it ended up being shaded for the most part. Everyone looked pretty but not without a little dress drama from the bride. I guess she had a hard time getting her dress to zip up too! What's with these girls not trying on their dresses? It was pretty noticeable in some of the pics Brenna took of the bride too. Back fat rolls hanging over a wedding dress is never a pretty sight. That's kind of a snarky comment, isn't it?

Brennas comment about the ceremony itself centered on the fact that the bride didn't look at the groom at all. The pictures she took really show it too. How wierd is that?

While the bridal party took pics after the wedding the reception got started with cocktail hour and an open bar. That is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion. Open bar just invites drunks and that's exactly what happened. I guess a few of the bridesmaids just got ripped pretty quickly. And of course you have the ring bearer and flower girl running around screaming and tripping the wait staff too which made for a few special pics. There was major concern about the mother of the bride getting toasted too and while it sounds like she managed that easily enough, another family member kept her in check. I guess the rest of the reception went off fine and they ended up having a good time.

Sunday morning they had to go over to the parent's house to watch the gift opening. Bry's dad made a comment that they had all better enjoy it because there wouldn't be any Christmas this year after what this just cost him. I guess maybe he ended up paying for all of it? Who knows.

I won't share any pics of the wedding to protect the guilty, but I will share a couple of Brenna and Bry. Aren't they cute together?





No comments:

Post a Comment