I have to admit that I really love Halloween. There is just something about the excitement of the kids and the joy on their faces when they see all the candy. Especially the little ones. I don't mind the bigger/teenagers coming for candy but I do think they should at least make an attempt at a costume.
Last night was our 14th annual Driveway Party for the neighbors. We had a good turn out but did miss a few that weren't able to attend. Art and Judy across the street both are battling cancer, which is so sad. They just weren't physically up to coming. Teri had to fly out on Sunday for a job interview. Considering she has been out of work for almost 2 years, we are all excited for her. Other than that, everyone else came. I guess there were about 25 of us. I made a huge pot of chili, had roast beef sandwhiches and of course my world famous cheese dip. Rex and Michele brought her sweet and sour meatballs which also always go over well. Plenty of food and hardly any left overs, so it must have been good!
There were quite a few trick or treaters but we still had gobs of candy left over. And of course nobody wanted to take it home so we loaded it into one bag and Brenna is going to drop it off at the hospital today. It will certainly get eaten there. I was kind of surprised how much chocolate was leftover. I have to admit I did pick out a few Snicker's and Reese's for a chocolate fix when needed.
My favorite part of the night was the fact that Brenna's boyfriend, Bry, had such a good time. He wasn't going to come over but decided he needed to see her after all. Bry lives about 35 minutes away, so it's not like it's easy for them to get together all the time. Plus he is a little shy at first and a big group like this will typically make him a little anxious. But you know what? He fit right in and really enjoyed himself. The neighbors loved him too. Bry is realizing more and more that we are pretty normal if not a little on the boring side. He has told Brenna a few times that he likes that about us and the fact that he can just be himself. That makes me feel good. Bry and Brenna are getting kind of serious, so I want him to be comfortable around us. Who knows? Maybe he will be part of the family one of these days? I don't think it hurts that I sent him home with all the leftovers either.

It sounds like you are so close to your neighbors. I just think that's so cool, that you guys have these annual get-togethers. And I'm glad Bry felt so welcome with you all! Sounds like so much fun!
ReplyDelete