Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Eve




Twas the day before Halloween and so much to do! I've just waited way too long this year to get things together so today is going to be crazy for me.

Every year for the last 14 years we've had what we call a driveway party on Halloween for the neighbors. Everyone brings down their bowl of candy and we all sit around on our driveway visiting and enjoying the kids who are out trick or treating. It's kind of evolved over the years and now there's food and "adult" treats too. I usually make a big pot of chili with cornbread and frito's but I really wasn't feeling it this year, so wasn't planning on making that. Of course the minute I said I wasn't making chili, everyone put up a fuss, so I guess I am back to making it.

Usually I've got things planned out a good two weeks in advance and have even done most of the shopping for the party. This year I haven't done anything! I don't know what my problem is but today I am going to pay for it while I run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to do it all. Typically Brenna is around to help me out too but she is working tonight so sleeping all day today and all day tomorrow, so no help there. Plus, there is football tomorrow, so I want everything done before the game comes on too. Eeekkk! Too much to do! I had better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment