Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dreaming of Fall

I am dreaming of fall and wishing I lived somewhere like this:



Isn't this just so pretty? Fall is my favorite season but we don't normally get what most people think of when they think fall. In Phoenix, fall means the temps will finally dip below 100 degrees. It means that everyone will start scalping their grass to prepared to plant the winter lawns. Fall brings out planting season and I will soon be putting in pansy's and geraniums into my flowerbeds. Sometime in late October we might even get to turn off the a/c.

Usually Ron and I will go to visit his Mom up in Montana in October so that I get my taste of fall weather. We aren't going this year since we went in May for her wedding. I am really missing my fall trip this year too. Tomorrow Brenna and her boyfriend, Bry, will be going to Seattle for a long weekend and I am totally jealous. She will get the taste of fall that I am so desperately missing. I wish I could go with her but I don't think they would appreciate that so much!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, fall is beautiful...but then comes all the snow and ice and below-zero temperatures. At least you don't have to deal with that. We need the beauty of fall to prepare us for the horrible winters!

    ReplyDelete