
I think I have told you before how much Ron loves his beer. Last night we went to an event that was right up his alley. We went to a fundraiser for Barrow's Neurological Hospital, which was where Ron had his back surgery at. This was to raise money for research for brain tumors, which Ron's sister in law suffers from.
It was kind of an Oktoberfest type of thing with more than 50 beer vendors but they also had live music and some entertainment with silent auctions, raffles and belly dancers. It was a ton of fun even if I'm not a beer drinker. The only thing they were lacking was food. For $75 a head I really think they should have at least had some burgers and hot dogs or something.
I have to say I was totally entertained. When we first got there a brass band was playing. Since both of my kids played bass, I've always loved me a good brass band. Later there were a couple of local bands. The first one was just okay but what they lacked in talent they more than made up for with enthusiasm. Between bands there was a belly dancing group that also did some stuff with fire that was pretty cool. There were a few of the gals that were more belly than dancer though, not that I have any room to talk!
But I think the best entertainment was just the people watching. We were in Scottsdale or "Snotsdale" as I like to think of it, so there were quite a few out there that were dressed to impress. But you have to wonder if they had taken a look at themself in the mirror before they walked out the door. Plus, once they all got drunk, which didn't take very long, it was just more fun to sit back and watch. Lots of women on the hunt and the men more than willing to be caught. Let's just say I am very glad that I am not part of the dating scene!
All in all, a fun night with my guy and hopefully they raised a lot of money for a good cause.

No comments:
Post a Comment