Thursday, September 23, 2010

Do You DVR?

With this week being premier week with all the new TV shows, my DVR is a little bit overworked right now. I always try to watch at least one or two episodes of any new shows coming out to see if they will interest me or not, so lots of times I need to DVR something just to make sure I get it all. Of course, Ron and Brenna also both have shows they want recorded since they don't get to watch shows in the evenings most nights. All in all, it just causes a major back up on our DVR.

So here is my line up:

Sundays - 7pm The Amazing Race - only one of my most favorite shows of all time! I also will be flipping back and forth to the Sunday night football game too
8pm will be Undercover Boss. This is a great feel good show

Mondays - 7pm - Dancing with the Stars - 8:30pm - Mike and Molly - looks cute so will give it a try - flipping back and forth to the football game. I do have to admit I prefer to DVR Dancing with the Stars and just fast forward thru so much of the "extra" that is just a waste of time on that show. Add in Jersey Shore on MTV if there is a new episode and I can always fall back on House Hunters and Property Virgins on HGTV too

Tuesdays - 7pm - The Biggest Looser - 8pm - DWTS vote off - 9pm The Good Wife, Teen Mom and/or Flipping Out on Bravo. I prefer the Good Wife but will watch the other two if it's a rerun

Wednesdays - 7pm - Survivor - 8:30pm - Cougar Town - 9pm - The Whole Truth, at least give it a try. Wednesdays look to be the day I can catch up on some of the DVR shows

Thursdays - 7pm - My Generation, a new show to try - 8pm - Grey's Anatomy - 9pm - Real Housewife's of ??? on Bravo

Friday - 7pm Four Weddings on TLC - 8pm - Say Yes to the Dress on TLC - this is usually another night I can catch up on shows but it's also a night I usually go out with friends so I'm not home to watch them anyway!

Saturday - usually nothing on I am interested in so I'll watch college football if there is a good game on. If it's a night Ron is home then he is usually catching up on his shows if we don't go out.

Do I really watch this much TV? Afraid so. When you are home alone typically 4 nights out of the week, there isn't much else to do. I will say that I stay up usually until at least midnight reading a book after I go to bed, so maybe it's not all bad? The only day the TV is on during the day is Sunday to watch football. I also watch a lot of TLC, HGTV and Bravo channel stuff. I am also a great multi tasker, so lots of times I am doing other things while watching TV such as ironing or something like that.

So what are your favorite shows? Do you watch TV as much as I do?

2 comments:

  1. My DVR is being overworked this week, too! All of the shows are premiering, and I'm LOVING IT. I'm not watching any new shows this year, though, because most of them are cancelled, and it's always the ones I fall in love with! (Past examples of this: October Road, Men in Trees, and Pushing Daisies...all on ABC).

    Living in a different time zone, it's so funny for me to see that your primetime shows start at 7!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie, I always hated living in a place that had prime time from 8pm - 11pm! Just always seemed so late to me, especially when my kids were younger. Have to admit that so far I haven't found any of the new shows that I like much yet. Forgot to mention Mad Men on Sundays!

    ReplyDelete