Monday, May 17, 2010

The Villains Win!

I think I have mentioned before that I am a huge reality TV fan. Last night was the finale for Survivor, Heroes vs Villains, the 20th season for Survivor.

I must admit, I always get totally depressed at who wins these shows. Very rarely is it a person or a team that I am rooting for. Last weeks Amazing Race finale was a perfect example. Really wanted the Cowboy's to win but it was the Brother's who took it. Last night wasn't any different. I am a huge Russell fan, which I know isn't a popular choice. He is totally evil but I really respect the way he plays. He is a bully but he tells you to your face what he is going to do and then proceeds to do it. If the rest of the players aren't smart enough to get rid of him, then that's their problem. Russell's biggest problem is that he doesn't address the social aspect of the game. He can't just bully people for 39 days and then expect them to vote for him to receive the million bucks.

Where I have problems is with the winners like last night's winner, Sandra. She did nothing the entire game. No major moves, never won any challenges, in fact, was a liability to her team during challenges because she was so awful. She can say she isn't a physical person, but then she should be better at the puzzles. Sandra just rode the coat-tails of everyone else the entire game and got handed a million bucks for it, for the second time! The only thing she did right is to not piss people off and that's the only reason she won. She won because she was the lesser of the other two evils even though she didn't deserve the win. I get frustrated that people can't respect the game play and just vote because their feelings got hurt.

Obviously I am not the only one that feels this way. They always have a fan vote for somebody to win $100,000 and for the second time, the fans voted to give the money to Russell. I kind of think that says a lot too.

So, Survivor is over again until late September when they will be back. Same with the Amazing Race. I would be totally heartbroken to have to wait that long except that Big Brother will start on July 8th! Talk about crazy people! Woo hoo, watch that show and it will make you feel better about yourself in no time!

1 comment:

  1. I never thought I'd say this because I REALLY don't like her, but I sort of ended up wanting Parvati to win. She played a great social and physical game. I liked Russell a lot last season, but this season I thought he was too much of a bully.

    And I was really disappointed with The Amazing Race too! I loved those sweet little cowboys. That one brother -- the not-gay one -- he was really mean!!

    ReplyDelete