Saturday, May 15, 2010

Baby Shower for Kelsie

This afternoon I was invited to a baby shower for my friend, Kelsie. I've known Kelsie for a few years as she is one of my favorite title girls that I work with as much as possible. Kelsie has hooked me up with every member of her family and I've sold them all houses, so naturally, she is really special to me in more ways than one!

My Dad loved Kelsie too. He treated her like another granddaughter and gave Ian a hard time when he didn't think Ian had popped the question soon enough. Ian and Kelsie were married a few years ago, bought their first home together about 2 years ago and now are expecting their first baby the end of July. We are all so happy for them. What is really weird is that I had a dream that I was at a baby shower for Kelsie and she was having a boy. I called her the next day at work to tell her about my dream and we had a good laugh. This happened about 6 weeks before she announced her pregnancy! Naturally, I am convinced she is having a boy!

So, today was the shower. It was held at a really nice pizza place called Patsy Grimbaldi's. Never been there before, had heard about it and will certainly go back! Yummy. Anyway, I wasn't sure what to get her and figured I would just resort to the baby registry at Baby's R Us until Brenna offered to make a quilt. Heck yeah! Who doesn't like a baby quilt? So we got the fabric and Brenna whipped it up in about 4 days total.


Since they are going for the whole surprise factor and not finding out what they are having prior, we had to go a little more gender neutral. I did find out that she was doing the nursery in blue clouds, so we did get blue cloud material and it's the backing and the sides.
Didn't it turn out great? Brenna has really gotten good on doing her quilts. I wish I had the talent but sewing drives me nuts.

This is Kelsie on the left opening her quilt. She was really thrilled and so appreciative. It's nice when people appreciate what you do for them.


Showing it off to everyone. Her mother in law knew Brenna made it for her, so she spoke up before I even could say a word. There were a few other prego's in the room wondering if Brenna would make them one too! It was a nice afternoon and I am very happy for Ian and Kelsie!



No comments:

Post a Comment