Brenna will be turning 23 the end of May. But before then, she has so many other milestones in her life that will be happening! The biggest is that she will be graduating from NAU (Northern Arizona University) with her Bachelors of Science Nursing degree. You can't even imagine how proud I am of my daughter.She is a real adrenaline junkie and always has been. She is the kid that jumped out of a plane for her 18th birthday. Brenna wants to be a trauma nurse and she will do it, one way or another, because she is that driven to accomplish her goals in life. I have complete confidence that she can do whatever she puts her mind to.
Brenna got a good friend and neighbor who is trying to get a photography business going to take some pictures of her for graduation. These are just a few of what he got of her about 2 weeks ago. These were all done at the Civic Plaza in Scottsdale and Jay did a great job. We so appreciate it! You can check out his stuff here: www.jcbeckman.zenfolio.com. He really specializes in aircraft photography, so if you are into planes, you will really like his stuff.
Graduation for nurses is kind of a process. On May 5th, Brenna will have her pining ceremony in Tucson with her co-hort. I'm not totally sure what this is, so guess I will figure it out on May 5th! But this will be down in Tucson and Brenna is having my sister in law, her aunt, Julie, who is also a nurse, do her pining. She had originally asked Ron's Mom to pin her, but they will not be able to make it to Tucson by that date since she will be on her honeymoon! On May 7th will be the actual graduation, cap and gown thing, in Flagstaff at the university. We are having a party prior to all of this. We were going to have it May 1st, but all of a sudden Ron's Mom decided to get married on that day! So, our life the last 2 weeks in April and first week in May is going to be a bit crazy. Party on the 24th, leave for Bozeman on the 28th, wedding on May 1st, return on the 2nd, Pining Ceremony in Tucson on the 5th and graduation in Flagstaff on the 7th. It's a good thing we have a friend coming to stay at the house with the dogs during all of this! But, it's going to be a lot of fun and I know I am going to cry. After all, my little girl is growing up!

Great photos! She's beautiful. You must be so proud!
ReplyDeletePinning is a rite of passage for Nurses and you will be very glad you attended. The powerpoints are usually memorable and funny. The Nightengale pledge and candle ceremony are when you really feel like a Nurse.
ReplyDeleteSome do a traditional pinning in all whites and the old fashioned cap, some like our program place a school pin on you.
All in all, even though it was only my LPN year pinning, I was very glad I went and can't wait for my RN-BSN pinning and graduation!
Tell you daughter I said congrats and good luck!
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful daughter! Love the invitation-very cute. Congrats and all the best to her in her nursing career.
ReplyDelete