I tried a new dish that I found on Pinterest yesterday and just have to share. It's called Pizza Casserole. Maybe you've already seen it on there, but Pinterest is new to me and I just couldn't pass this up.
Pizza Casserole
1 large jar of spaghetti or pizza sauce (I made my own)
1 lb hamburger, browned (I used ground Italian sausage)
3 Cups shredded Mozzarella cheese (I also used some Ricota cheese)
1 bag of egg noodles, cooked and drained
Pepperoni's
Heat oven to 350
I made my own sauce and let it simmer all day so it had extra flavor
I also used an onion and some garlic powder when I browned the meat
In a baking dish, start with a little bit of sauce to cover the bottom.
Layer in half the noodles, cover with half the meat, half the sauce, half the cheese. I also added the Ricota at this point to make it more cheesey. Next add another layer of everything and then top with the pepperoni's.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand another 10-15 minutes.
It's really pretty easy and was sooooo good. Ron and Brenna both gave it two thumbs up, so I am sure I will be making it again.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yum! I'll have to try it! Thanks for passing it along!
ReplyDeleteThis is something I will totally try. My husband and son are pizza addicts... maybe they will like this.
ReplyDeleteMaybe even I can eat some :-)