Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Blog Friends

Isn't it strange how you can read somebody's blog for a while and then feel like you know them? There are a couple of you that I describe as my blog friends! You probably know who you are since I will comment on your posts.

Ashley is one of them. I found her blog by mistake as she was preparing for the birth of her first child, Jack. I love baby stories, so I started reading on a regular basis. It was fun to see pics of that beautiful baby and I swear Jack has the most amazing eyes I've ever seen! I've enjoyed watching him grow up thru the blog and see how their little family dynamic has changed. I was excited when Ashley announced her next pregnancy and thrilled for her when she said she was having a girl!

Baby Lia was born a little over two weeks ago and all I can say is that Ashley and Ryan seem to make pretty babies! The joy of the new arrival was quickly replaced with the sheer terror of finding out little Lia had a serious heart defect. She had her first surgery for a temporary fix and will have more to come as she gets older. Ashley just posted on Facebook that the shunt they did in the first surgery isn't working and Lia is back in the OR now. Can you all keep this little family in your prayers?

I'm no good at the link thingies, but if you want to follow along, you can find her blog at: http://rashields.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. How awful. Definitely saying a prayer for her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pam! You are too sweet! I consider you a blog friend too :) Maybe someday we'll meet.

    ReplyDelete