Monday, January 9, 2012

Updates!

It's been a busy couple of days for me, but it's all good! Friday Ron had to have a small proceedure to remove an abcess. It was in a rather delicate location, so he was a bit uncomfortable for about a day, but all is good. I think the thought of what needed to be done was actually worse than the proceedure.

Of course Friday my printer decided to finally die on me and Ron was in no condition to go out and get a new one. He ordered one on line thru Best Buy and then I had to go over and pick it up. I managed to lock my keys in my car in the process, which was a real pain in the you know what. Thankfully, my OnStar is still working and they were easily able to open up the car for me. It's going to expire in about 2 months so I might need to rethink that and keep it going. It's saved my butt twice this year.

Also on Friday we got word that the biopsy results for the spots on Earls' lungs were clear! No Cancer! What a relief. HUGE relief! He will now finish up his radiation treatments this week and next with the last one on Thursday the 19th. They will head back to Bozeman that night and plan to hit the road again on the 21st headed down here. They have rented a house for 2 months and plan to be snow birds in our nice weather. I have some mixed emotions about having them here for that long, but at least they won't be staying with us.

This is the big week for Brenna's second opinion doctor's appointment. Thursday is the day and then they told us it would be two weeks for paperwork before we had a final ruling. Can you believe it's taken this long? The reinjury happened October 6th! Guess I will ask for some more prayers that this finally gets approved and surgery can be scheduled.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for happy updates all around! Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well for Brenna on Thursday. Unfortunately, I CAN believe it's taken that long. Workman's comp is a joke. :-/

    ReplyDelete