I went back and read the last two years for New Year's Resolutions. I didn't really make any last year and the year before was to spend time with my Dad, which I did do. I am so thankful that I did!
This year I have decided to make a biggie Resolution. I am giving up soda! And when I say "I" that means my family too! We all hear more and more how bad soda is for you and how it actually makes you gain weight and I certainly don't need any help in that department. So, this is the year. I told my family what we are doing and Ron is all for it but Brenna, not so much. I still have about 6 twelve packs stacked up of diet coke but I do have to slowly go off of it. Can't do it cold turkey or I would probably make myself sick. I've been such an addict for so long!
So, my plan is to reduce my intake every couple of days. I am hoping in two weeks to be down to 1 just in the mornings and by the end of the month to be off of them completely. I am already forcing myself to drink more water during the day which normally isn't hard when it's hot out anyway.
I am hoping that by taking this small step that maybe it can lead to some other healthy lifestyle changes for me. I know I need to make them and I know I need to loose a lot of weight. Baby steps.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I had this resolution a few years ago...and succeeded!! You CAN do it!! I missed it at first but it's been about 3 years now & I'm still 99% soda free! Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteI'm doing the same thing with chocolate. I'm allowing myself one chocolate treat every other day. Man, it's tough. (I eat A LOT of chocolate. A LOT.)
Oh my gosh, good luck to you! The best I can do is one can of Dr. Pepper a day. I just don't think I could give it up, and it's my one indulgence.
ReplyDeleteYou can DO IT!!