Have to say this crud that I got really ended up getting me down. It's been almost two weeks now and I still can't say that I am 100% yet. Better, yes. Functional but not top of my game. And the best part? Brenna and Ron both have it. We should have bought some stock in kleenex!
But life moves on. Ron's mom showed up last weekend and we were finally able to have dinner with them on Thursday. It was great to see them. Still have mixed feelings about them being here for so long, but Ron was so happy to see his Mommy! I ended up showing them houses yesterday as they have made the decision to purchase a vacation home here for the winter months. We will be meeting them again tomorrow for lunch and then to see a few more houses. They have narrowed down their choices to one retirement community and one floor plan, so we will see 3 others that are the same floor plan.
Still no word on Brenna's surgery. After telling her the file/claim was going to be denied early in the week Friday afternoon, just before 5pm, they told her the 2nd opinion doc wanted to see more xrays as he does think there might be reason for in industrial accident claim. This gives us hope again but they said it would be another 2 weeks for an answer. This was disappointing as we had scheduled surgery for the 30th thinking there would be an answer one way or another by then. So, this is about the 3rd surgery date that had to be cancelled. I just don't understand why this group can't get their act together. On the positive side, they are still paying her during all of this, so she has been trying to sock the money away in case they do deny it and she looses her job.
I cancelled our cruise that we've had booked for more than year this week and that is kind of disappointing but not. I know that sounds wierd. Ron just wasn't into it and my friends we were going with have had to cancel too for various reasons. We might still do a cruise but I think it would be to the Caribbean if we do anything. Can't really decide until this whole surgery thing gets taken care of.
It's going to be a really busy week for me this week. Dealing with the inlaws on Monday. Ron has a follow up pain doc appt on Tuesday that I will have to go to with him. Wednesday I have a new buyer flying into town that has exactly 3 days to find and buy a house, so he is going to keep me on my toes. Plus, I had an inspection on Friday that has some serious roof issues, so I know I am going to have to deal with that. Busy, but I like it!
Now if I could just get this cough and congestion to go away . . .
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Pam I think we should see this on an episode of House Hunters. Could make for quite an interesting 3 days.
ReplyDeleteWow, THREE DAYS to find and buy a house?! That should be interesting! I hope you're feeling back to 100% very soon!
ReplyDelete