Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cooler Weather = Fall = Halloween!


Most people know that I love Halloween. I think it is mostly because that's when I know the weather will be cooler again, so that makes me happy. The last couple of days have been absolutely perfect. Mid 70's and sunshine, so I can't ask for anything more.

The nice weather did get me in the mood to decorate for fall. Brenna prodded me a bit, I have to admit, but once I was in the mood, we go all out! Halloween has definately thrown up at my house. Inside and out is decorated and since we are the only ones on the block that have done so, we are getting quite a few cars slowing down at night.

We went with the spider theme again this year. I got these huge black spiders from Target and have attached them to the house. Looks like we have this huge spider infestation! We also have some lighted webs on the windows, lighted spiders hanging down from the garage and some orange lights outside. It's lit up pretty good! I tried to take a picture but it really didn't show up that well, but I am sure you can picture it in your head.

We will be having our 15th annual driveway party this year too and we have some new neighbors to get to know. That should be fun. Haven't decided what I will cook yet, will kind of depend on the weather. If it's cool enough, I usually make a huge pot of chili and everyone seems to love that.

So, do you do anything special for Halloween? Do you decorate for fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment