Friday, February 4, 2011

Surprise!

Monday afternoon I was kind of going a little stir crazy. I had been super busy all day with work stuff, my phone just wouldn't stop ringing, tons of emails in and out, trying to do laundry and I really needed to hit the grocery store if we planned to eat any time soon. Ron kind of saw how frazzled I was getting and he offered to go to the grocery store with me. That in itself is huge, let me tell you!

I should have known he had something up his sleeve when he offered to drive. Ron never likes to drive unless it's a road trip so I typically drive whenever we are together. Doesn't bother me since I usually know where I am going and he has a terrible sense of direction. Anyway, we head down the road and instead of turning into the grocery store, he keeps going. Then he informs me he wants to go over to the dealership to check out the car I've picked out when my lease is up in July. My current car is just too small to be hauling clients around in and Ron has never fit in it too well either since he's 6'4", so he wants to make sure the next one he fits in better.

Once we are there, we have a long time family friend who has been at this dealership so we immediately hook up with him. We look around, sit in the car, Ron approves and I'm thinking, great, let's go to the grocery store. Not so fast. Ron decides he wants to see their trucks. We've been looking at trucks off and on for a while as Ron really does need a new car. His is almost 10 years old and starting to have some issues that we don't want to put a bunch of money into. Can you see where this is going yet?

Naturally, they have the PERFECT truck on the lot that happens to have everything Ron wants with the exception of a couple things that can be added like a bed liner and running boards for my short legs. Now that I think about it more, I really think I was totally set up! We take it for a test drive and it's a beautiful truck, rides nice and certainly has all the bells and whistles. By this time it's getting late and we had planned to meet Brenna for dinner. So, we leave and tell Ken, the salesman, that we will sleep on it and let him know in the morning.

All thru dinner Ron is just like a kid in the candy store. Mouth is running a mile a minute about this truck he is so excited. I suggested he not drink any more beer and just go back over there after dinner but he says no he wants to sleep on it. We get home and not a half hour later he comes to me and says he really does want it and do I mind if he goes back over there? What was I going to say? Off he went.

So, Ron bought himself a truck on Monday night. They took a few days to put the goodies on it that he wanted and it was supposed to be done on Saturday for pick up. Of course, there is always a hic up somewhere along the lines. Ron is having a sun roof put in and they can't get to it until Wednesday. So instead of waiting to pick it up until then, I got it this afternoon as a surprise. Ron is still sleeping right now so when he leaves for work tonight, he will be shocked! He's been like a kid waiting for Santa on Christmas all week long.



So, this is the beast. It's just huge! No way it will even fit on our driveway, so it will have to be parked on the street. The only thing I don't like about it is the color. Actually, I love the color since red is my favorite color, but red is MY color! First Aaron got a red Mini in April. Then Brenna got a red Juke in November. Now Ron gets a red truck in February. What's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment