I am so pissed at my Mother right now I can hardly see straight. So, she finally says she is ready to get rid of the extra furniture and would I please list it on craigslist for her. So, last week I went over there, pulled it all out of the garage so I could pics, get measurements and get a description of each piece. Took me about 2 hours and then came home, did some research to find out what she could get for it and then listed it. That took me about 4 hours to do. Since then I've been fielding all the emails and calls and have met people at her house so they could look at it. We haven't sold a thing because she thinks it's worth more, which it probably is, but she won't get more for it. Finally have somebody willing to pay $75 for her ottoman and they are coming over this morning to pick it up. I can't be there because I am too busy actually working. The gal just called me to tell me she is running about 15 mins late so I call my Mom to tell her. She gets mad and says she isn't waiting because she has a coffee date with her cousin and besides she is basically stealing this from her for what she is paying. I've been getting snide comments like this for a week now and I finally blew up at her and told her to get over herself that she wouldn't get any more for it and might as well donate the rest of the stuff. She got really quiet and luckily my phone rang so I got off.
I am SO MAD AT HER! I just deleted all the craigslist postings and I am done with it. Won't help her get rid of it now. She can deal with it herself since she thinks it's worth so much. She needs to get her head out of her ass and come to the realization that while she has very nice things and she paid a lot of money for them, nobody else is going to pay that kind of money for used furniture.
Okay, I'm done now but I won't be talking to her for a few days until I cool off.
Edit 12 hours later . . . .
We both appologized to each other and made up. I'm still not going to do the craigslist again though until she gets realistic on the prices.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ugh, I'm so sorry. I think it's a generational thing -- that generation was so used to not having anything that they don't want to get rid of things for less than they think they're worth. That doesn't make it any easier on you, though.
ReplyDelete