I wasn't really sure what to expect. I knew there would be plenty of boobage on display, so that wasn't surprising at all. I really did enjoy looking at all the beautiful costumes so many people wore. I have to admit to a particular fondness for the men in kilts and leather pants. Wish I could have taken a few pics of some mighty fine examples for you all! What I wasn't prepared for was all the flesh belts. Ick. Don't these ladies look at themselves in the mirror before going out like that? And in case you are wondering, a flesh belt is almost the same as a muffin top, except with the flesh exposed. Not a pretty sight. Be thankful I didn't take any pics of those to share!

But it was a really fun day, all in all. A bit chilly for us but we still managed to get pink cheeks by the end of the day. It was really crowded since it was a holiday, but this place was set up to handle it, so not a big deal. I enjoyed walking around and just seeing everything. The festival reminded me so much of a few little villages I had been at in France and Germany, so I thought it was done very well. There was certainly plenty to do and see the entire day. We got to the point of just going from show to show later in the afternoon.
Ron threw tomato's at the heckler. He got him once but I think the heckler came out on top. He had some pretty good zingers. Bry threw too and hit him twice!
We went to the birds of prey show. I love animal shows like this and the owls are always my favorite. We have quite a few owls here in the desert and I've seen a few out in the wild, so they just always catch my attention.
Ron and Brenna rode an elephant, which they both really enjoyed. Those animals have such sweet faces and personalities. True gentle giants.
The last show we went to was the Tortuga Twins. It's rather bawdy, to say the least, but what really made it funny was that they pulled Ron up to be part of the show! He said as they were walking up to the stage the guy was telling him to just play along and to please don't hurt them!
Ron as my very own "Island Queen". He was such a good sport and went along with the whole show so very well. Even got kissed on the lips at the very end. Wish I had my camera ready for that one!
I was a little disappointed that we didn't make it to the joust to end the day, but Ron really hadn't been feeling all that great all day and he was ready to leave. Brenna had worked 14 hours on both Saturday and Sunday and had to work Tuesday again, so she was dragging too. I guess that means we will just have to go back some time in the future!

That looks like so much fun! We have a Renaissance Festival around here, too, but I've never gone. I think it would be really fun to take the boys one day though!
ReplyDeleteCassie, there was a lot for the little ones to do. Rides, petting zoo, entertainment they would love like jugglers and stuff. When Will gets a bit older, put it on your list to do.
ReplyDelete