Ron's mom left this morning and all in all it was a pretty good visit. She does get on my nerves sometimes but I'm sure I get on hers too. Never said I was a perfect daughter in law! :0)
Actually, we hardly saw them. Maybe that was why it was one of the better visits? After the rocky start last week, they did their own thing until Saturday since Ron was working. Luckily, they have lots of friends here in town. Rosie lived here for 15 years or so and has kept in touch with a lot of people. Earl has lots of friends that have winter homes down here, so they just kind of bopped around visting.
We never could get them to understand Ron's sleep schedule though. That kind of irked me when they would show up at noon and expect him to be out of bed. Just doesn't work that way with night shifters. They came over for dinner on Saturday and then Ron took them for a tour of Intel on Sunday afternoon and then back here for dinner. Monday they went to see friends in Tucson and then Tuesday they came over and took us out to dinner. We really saw very little of them.
One thing that threw me for a loop is that they are considering buying a winter home down here. Not really sure how I feel about that. I know Ron would love having his mama so close by. It would be the first time since he left home and joined the navy. I also think we wouldn't see much of them since they had such a busy social life while they are here plus Earl likes to golf. I know this is selfish of me, but I just see a lot of demand on my time if they were to be here 6 months out of the year. That's the only thing holding me back from being happy about the possibility. Guess I need to get over myself a bit.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad it was all-in-all a nice visit for you guys. I find that visits with the in-laws always go much more smoothly if you don't really have to see them all that much! :)
ReplyDelete