Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Up, up and away!

Tomorrow we leave for Bozeman, Montana, to attend the wedding of Rons' mom, Rosie, and her new guy, Earl. Still having a hard time getting excited for this wedding but only because I am still sad. I am happy for Rosie and Earl though and I hope they will be very happy together.

But for now, my house is a disaster trying to get packed. You would think with just being gone a few days, we wouldn't need to take that much stuff, but it doesn't seem to be working out that way. There are so many parties planned, the rehersal dinner to attend and then the wedding attire itself. To top it all off, the weather forcast is for 35 degrees and SNOW showers! For a desert rat like me, that kind of presents a problem when we have been dealing with temps well into the 90's already.

I never fly without a carryon that includes a change of clothing, makeup and all of my drugs. I've had bag lost before and it's no fun at all. At least this way I can have fresh clothing while I wait for the bag to catch up with me. It's going to be a little extra full with a warm sweater, and umbrella and my heavy winter coat though!

This is the "staging" area, which happens to be our extra bedroom. We are trying to limit the amount of bags we are taking since they make you pay extra, so the 3 of us will cram everything in to 2 bags. Really it shouldn't be a problem except we have to pack both Ron and Aaron's suits and dress shoes in there too. Maybe you can see the bluging hang up bag that is on the door. I might need to weigh it to make sure it's under the 50 pound weight limit!

Why is it I get stuck with this job? You would think that after almost 27 years of marriage Ron could pack for himself. But then I wouldn't be happy with what he brought and would just repack it anyway! I am anal like that, what can I say?



So the alarm clock will go off at 3:30 am so we can make a flight at 6am to Seattle and then connect to Bozeman. I HATE THOSE EARLY FLIGHTS! I know I will be useless the rest of the day but we have a bachelor and bachelorette party to attend after arriving. I am just hoping it's not too cold. Do you think I should pack my silk long johns just in case??

No comments:

Post a Comment