So, I started my day reading the paper like I usually do and just doing a few chores around the house. Can't make a lot of noise, so chores are kind of limited too. It was such a pretty day outside, with temps expected in the lower 80's, so I decided it was time to break out the pool float and get some sun on these pasty, white legs of mine. Fat always looks better tan, right?
I do always slather on a bunch of this stuff before I go out, so no worries. I also wear a big hat to keep my face from getting too much sun too. Gotta try to keep those wrinkles at bay! But I have to admit that I am a total sun freak and always have been. It just makes me feel so good with the heat seeping into my bones.
When I got out, Brenna was up working on homework. We decided to take our Easter dinner to the hospital and share it with my dad. So after taking a shower, I was fixing Ron breakfast before he had to go to work. The phone rings and a friend asks if I felt the EARTHQUAKE! I really thought he was pulling my leg or something, but I looked out at the pool and sure enough it was really rolling. I never felt anything and if I hadn't seen the pool, I wouldn't have believed it. Pretty unusual for us around here to actually feel an earthquake and it's all everyone is talking about. You should have seen my facebook page!
So, I got Ron out the door to work and we headed up to the hospital with cooler in hand. We had ham, potato cassarole, strawberries, frozen jello salad and rolls. We even had peanut butter cookies too, which are dad's favorite. We must have looked kind of funny carrying all that food into the hospital, but it totally made my dad's day. You would have thought he hadn't eaten in a week, but I know hospital food isn't all that great. It meant a lot to him and I am really glad I made the effort. My mom was there too, so I'm glad she got a good meal in her too. After we were done eating, the nurse came and got Dad and took him for an ultra sound on his kidney, so we all just went home since it was going to take a while. Wish we had stayed.
Got a call about 2 hours later saying his kidneys are having issues. My Mom just went into a tailspin and we were all pretty upset. My brother, Todd, went and spent the night at the hospital so he could talk to the docs since they like to sneak in so early in the mornings. We are still waiting to hear on that now. He was able to get some blood levels that Brenna wanted to know and she says they aren't that bad, so we are at least more hopeful than we were last night, but still just so worried.

No comments:
Post a Comment