Geeze, where has the time gone! Can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I last posted. Soooooo much has been going on. Some good and some not so much. We will get the bad news out of the way right off.
Two weeks ago Brenna found a tick on her dog, Daisey. That is really unusual around here. We just don't have a tick or flea problem. So, she was checking all the animals to make sure nobody else had any ticks. While doing that, she found a lump on the back leg of her Kitty. Into the vet we go and they do a biopsy and it turns out to be cancer. Brenna was devistated. We took Kitty in for a second opinion and that vet agreed with the first. Only way to save him is to take the leg off. Apparently, they are seeing more cancer in cats like this and they are relating it to the vaccines they get. So, long story short, Kitty will become a tri-pod on the 18th but the vet does think it will take care of it and he will be fine. I hope so.
Now for some good news. Brenna won her case against workman's comp! The lawyer had filed an appeal and Liberty Mutual decided not to fight it. Makes me think they knew they had to cover her but thought they would try to say no and see if we would go away. So, they have to pay her all her back pay starting from April 6th, they have to reimburse our insurance for the surgery and they have to keep paying her until she is cleared to go to work again. Best part is if she has any future issues with this hand that requires more surgery they have to pay that too! The lawyer gets 25% of everything but that's okay, she did her job.
Update on the hand saga, Brenna is out of her cast and into a splint and doing physical therapy. The scars are looking pretty good. Still a lot of pain with PT and I have to nag her a bit to do the stuff at home, but she is making progress. It's amazing how hard just picking up a pinto bean is for her. We have beans in a bowl that she has to move from one bowl to another. She also has a long bolt and screw that she has to twist up and down. Crazy stuff like that she does at home so I make her do it while we are watching TV and she has really progressed. September is the goal for being released to go back to work. Of course, she has to find a job first.
Ron is on vacation for pretty much the entire month. He left here on July 4th and headed to Boise and is spending time with Aaron this week. On Thursday we all head to Bozeman for a family reunion. Brenna and I are flying up as she can't miss that much therapy and I am too busy with work to be gone 3 weeks. Ron's mom is already causing some drama, so I'm not too excited about this trip. All I am hoping for is some cooler weather at least.
Have I told you how much I hate summer lately? 113 today. Yuck!
Monday, July 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh no. :( Poor Kitty. I really hope the leg removal takes care of it. It's strange, one of my co-workers' cats recently had cancer. I wonder if it could have been vaccine-related.
ReplyDeleteYay for Brenna winning her case! It sounds like her hand is healing...even if it's not as quickly as you all would like. Have a great time at the family reunion! (Well, as good a time as you can have with your MIL already creating drama...sigh.)